Monday, December 13, 2010

And Another Bag!

I seem to be on a roll lately with bags. My DH says Why do you need another bag? I tell him its not a matter of need. but of the fun making them! This one – I bought the Jane Sassaman fabric in one store, had the perfect green to match in my stash, and used some purple fabric for the lining I dyed back about 15 years ago.  I was going to buy a large purple button to put on the bag, but as I wanted to use it I put on a copper coloured one I had in my 40 year old button collection. Friends thought it looked great, so I haven’t changed it.

IMG_1693 IMG_1696



As well as sewing I have been baking. I made a very large Christmas cake recipe and for the first time ever made it in small loaf tins. All these cakes in the photo are from the one recipe.IMG_1697 I don’t ice my cakes as DH doesn’t like icing, so I will wrap these little beauties up in pretty Christmas paper for gifts. The one at the back was made in a large loaf tin. I need to have a taste before giving them away. Must make sure they taste right! 
Must get back to my Nearly Insane Block.
Thanks for dropping by
best signature

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Sue that is a beautiful bag, I love the fabrics, and the copper coloured button. It's in wonderful to marry up old and new!
Hope you cake taste as good as they look!

Lori said...

What a terrific bag! The colors are fantastic!!

Frances Leate said...

I love seeing your bags Sue and this one is absolutely stunning. I have a real weakness for bags and believe no girl can have too many! Happy stitching!