Tuesday, September 24, 2013

10 days to Hand in Day

For the Festival of Quilts in Auckland, and I am busy finishing two quilts.  I am not on the committee this year, so there was no excuse not to have a quilt to show.
This one I started in March this year…. this is probably a record for me to start and finish a quilt in the same year. :-)
I started machine quilting this about 2 weeks ago and as I am not a good machine quilter yet… I am just doing straight lines. 

2013-09-13 14.25.22

The other quilt…..I have just collected from the quilter….and have sewn 9 metres of binding on. Now for the hanging sleeve.


Thanks for dropping by
My signature 3DB53C2AE8E4EAFAC737E65CFF71863F

Thursday, September 5, 2013


A post or two back you will have seen where I had made 72 nine patch blocks - all the WRONG size for my quilt. After much anguish and lamenting, I realised I had to bite the bullet and make 72 new ones.

 I couldn't just cut the originals down to size as it meant the centre row in the 9 patch would have been a different size to the others. 
I then looked at my quilt and realised that the last 2 'rounds' of my medallion weren't fitting as per the instructions. After checking the emails against what I had printed I realised my printer had printed the measurement wrong and where I had read/cut 1 3/4" for my plain borders they should have been cut
1 1/2".

So, after undoing my quilt back to the last 3 rounds, and resewing them, I now have it pretty right!!

Please excuse the photo but it is getting very hard to find a space large enough to fit the quilt in for a photo.
Now for the last couple of borders.
Thanks for dropping by