Friday, December 28, 2018

Another Christmas Gift!

I didn't have time to post a photo of another table runner I just finished.  I finished sewing the label on, on the night of the 23rd. We were leaving to go to Pauanui on the 24th, and had to drop this off to my grand-daughter in her new home, on the way.



Ditch stitching the edges of the trees.


 I stitched some straight lines on the trees and some wavy lines on the background.




Back view



I was really please with how it turned out, and apart from the striped border and binding fabrics, the rest was from my stash!

I love it when that happens.
Thanks for dropping by




http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Connie said...

It is gorgeous and will be a treasured thing to pull out each Christmas. Isn't it sweet when you can turn your stash into beautiful and useful items and gifts.
Thanks for sharing.
Connie :)

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very nice table runner. Doesn't it feel good to make something nice from fabrics we already have on hand? Blessings!

Luv 2 Sew Things said...

You really do very well at making deadlines Sue. Another lovely handmade keepsake for a family member. They are a lucky lot, no doubt about it!

Barb said...

what a nice runner and I love the striped fabric.
Happy Holidays

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

What a lovely gift. Sadly Christmas seems a distant memory by now, but at least the weather is improving. Thank you for linking up with my Peacock Party.

Raewyn said...

What a great Christmas runner - good you were able to get it finished and delivered before the big day! The striped border finishes it off well. And your Dresden plates was a lovely finish too. Happy and Crative New Year!!

Jane in Cumbria said...

That is so lovely! She will have been very happy with that!