Saturday, February 2, 2019

Half finished

I seem to have lots of things nearly or half finished, and because I usually like to show finished projects it means I don't blog enough.

I am forever sewing either at the machine or at night by hand. 

On my design wall at the moment is Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt. I loved where it was going, 










but when I got to this stage I decided I couldn't live with the oranges and reds together. Yes, I made it in Bonnies colours.  So, after making all the orange strip sets, they are now going to a different project. Don't ask me which one. VBG! 

So, I turned my red & cream 4 patches around and came up with this plan, which I really like. I used one piece of fabric instead of the orange strip pieced fabric. 

What I also really love is that it has been made totally from my stash. That's what makes me really happy, although I must admit I keep replacing my stash with more stash!





 Sorry its crooked but it is still in rows on my design wall. Hopefully by the next Peacock Party at
http://wendysquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/ 

I will have a couple of rows added. 
By the way, I have noticed a mistake, so I'll have to correct it! 

Thanks for dropping by


 
http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

6 comments:

JanineMarie said...

I like how people take Bonnie’s pattern and make it their own. Your solution worked out very well (although I do wonder what’s going to happen with all those orange bits).

Leeanne said...

Pretty star quilt. Lots of progress.

Gretchen Weaver said...

You've ben a busy lady sewing along on this mystery. I always save the patterns but never make the mysteries! Happy stitching!

Luv 2 Sew Things said...

I like your decision to change it up. Looks great Sue & again, so much piecing there wow!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

It looks great Sue! I wasn't sure about the oranges in the reds either. In fact your orange / red blocks look like mine - not a lot of difference between orange and red. Your own changes look really good. Maybe we should pool our leftover pieces and make some thing different altogether!! Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Pip said...

I like the orange blocks, can't wait to see what you do with them now. I like what you have done with the other blocks, looks good.