Monday, April 9, 2018

Catch up!

Hello Everyone

Its been so long since I posted on here, I have almost forgotten what to do. :-)
I have been looking through my photos to see what to blog about, and came across this photo of the quilt I made for my 15 year old grandson's birthday in March. The photo is not very good,as I forgot to take one at my home, and this was taken on his bed in the evening.

 I bought the fabric for this cushion when he was 13 and I thought if I dont make it soon now it won't be worth making for him!

A new roof going on the house! Scaffolding all around the edges in case of an accident. Funny how you do these things before you want to sell. 



 My EPP effort at a pattern called Isobella by Donna of Donna's Quilt Studio in NZ. Not quite finished.


 
Easter came and went, and I tried my hand....once again....at making some Hot Cross Buns. They came out absolutely perfect this year, and didn't last long. Dough was made in the breadmaker, and I have discovered an excellent tip....do the second rise in the oven at 70degrees celsius. Works like a charm!

Well, that's all for now, so thank you for stopping by and not forgetting me!




http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I've missed seeing what all you've been working on. Hope your house sells well.

Leeanne said...

A lovely masculine quilt for the young man in your life. I made Isobella from Donna's quilt studio, so much fun! Yours is looking great, not far to the finish.

Kyle said...

Thanks for getting us caught up. Boys and plaid quilts seem to go hand and hand.

Barb said...

What a great boy quilt. I'm sure he'll love.
Your EPP colors are wonderful and those buns look fabulous - yum

Raewyn said...

Gorgeous quilt for your GS but I"m thinking that gorgeous probably isn't the right word for a masculine quilt!! It looks great. I had a little giggle with the print you used for the cushion! YOur Isabella is lovely too and the Hot Cross buns look delicious!!

cityquilter grace said...

beautiful quilt for your grandson and i love your epp project....my blog is www.citymousequilter.blogspot.com

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

beautiful quilt