Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

I have been having a lovely few days sewing. Paper foundation piecing my Nearly Insane blocks. No phones in the office to worry about as we are closed until 25th January. We have been forced to stay at home these holidays, so DH can medicate one of our mares twice a day to keep her in foal. Fingers crossed that she is still in foal, – she is being scanned again tomorrow. We managed to transfer our air tickets to Brisbane to 11th March, which is the soonest we can go.

Here is a photo of block # 9. Nearly Insane 001  The corners look abit rounded, but they aren’t. I should have starched them straight before I took the photo.

Block 8 with the outside borders redone. I decided it was too light against the block next to it, so I undid the outside borders and remade them in different fabric.Nearly Insane 002

Also made block 15.Nearly Insane

I am really enjoying the PFP method, and have just gotten out of the box, a class I started about 10 years ago. I am very keen to finish it now. I am using paper from Carol Doak, and find it is really good.

Thanks for dropping by

best signature

4 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Beautiful blocks! And so many pieces! You can really see the precision you've achieved with FPP. I think it can be a bit tedious, but in the end, it's worth it. Good for you to give it a go.

Karen said...

Lovely blocks Sue. Foundation is the only way to get the accuracy isn't it. I have found the same doing my Sylvias Bridal Sampler blocks.

Frances Leate said...

Wow Sue there sure are a lot of pieces in some of those blocks - great work.
Queensland is a good place to avoid at the moment with some of it flooded and the rest just wet from lots and lots of rain. Enjoy your break with lots of stitching!

Julie said...

Those blocks are just perfect. I have a few of the same fabrics and I have them set aside for my Dear Jane blocks. Lovely work!