Monday, August 9, 2010

11 more sleeps!

I’m on the countdown now to my OE, but still managed to find time to go to another Retreat. At the same place in a beautiful conference centre by the sea, and even though the weather was on the whole, pretty average with rain and wind, its still a lovely place to be. All warm and snuggly inside, with waves crashing on the shore, visible from the large windows in our sewing room.

There were about 28 of us this time, and I managed to get the top pretty much put together this time. Just have the borders to add, then I can start quilting it. This quilt is for grandchild 3 on the list of 16th birthday quilts.

bays retreat 012 I have quite enjoyed piecing this quilt.

In between doing this I have managed to make some more of my Nearly Insane Blocks. Will post a photo tomorrow.

Must away and do some more packing!! Trouble is I can only take 20  kgs.  I think I will be posting some goodies home.

Thanks for dropping bybest signature

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are going to have such a wonderful trip. What a lovely to remember your mum!

Frances Leate said...

I love all the different blues in the quilt - the colour is rich and there are lots of different textures. Enjoy your OE!