Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Again!

 

Had a lovely few days at Lake Taupo which is the largest lake in central North Island of New Zealand. I met up with my sister who lives at the bottom of N.I. so we kind of met half way, to celebrate my birthday and to plot our journey to Great Britain & Europe in August. IMG_1413  IMG_1416

I was home for 2 days then had to leave again with DH for a Horse Clinic in Raglan which is on the West Coast of N.Z. about 2 1/2 hours drive south of where we live. We picked up the Australian Trainer from the airport, and were on our way.

IMG_1436 IMG_1425 View from the back of their farm. We had a lovely 3 days down there, then back to the airport, then home again.

Well I was home 1 day, then had to leave again and drive 2 1/2 hours East to the other coast to my lovely wee grandson. He turned 7 and Grandma had to be there.

IMG_1443 Skinny little chap, but tall for his age. I managed to get him off his new mountain bike for this photo.

Not much sewing done in this first 2 weeks of March, but when I arrived home I had some lovely parcels waiting.

One of them was some fabric I had ordered from The Quilted Crow

IMG_1453 and….

my Civil War Diary Book, so no excuse now, not to get on with the blocks.

BFNbest signature

3 comments:

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Hi Sue

Looks like you had a grat time away.
Love your new fabric, I look forward to seeing what you make from it.
You will have that Civil War Dairy quilt done in no time now.

Sharon

FlourishingPalms said...

New Zealand is so lovely; you have such beautiful vistas. I wonder that you would ever feel the need to travel someplace else! It looks like blissful paradise to me!

Happy birthday, Sue.

Julie said...

You have been a very busy lady! Looking forward to catching up with you when you visit Brissie!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!