Today is overcast, but I hope it won’t rain. I’ve just hung my washing out and it’s blowing around nicely.
I had a weekend to myself, when DH went away with his horses, and I managed to finish a table runner, that was supposed to me a wall hanging, but I didn’t want it as that. The class was invisible machine applique, so I thought a table runner would be large enough to do. Notice the butterfly on the bud? That’s there because I accidently cut the background fabric!!
The one with the squares – I thought I don’t need to do this foundation piecing, so I carefully cut my strips, then squares, and VERY carefully stitched them up to find I had forgotten to add the S.A. Oh my God! how could I do something so basic so wrong. So, I re cut and stitched, only to find I had done a Very scant 1/4” S A and the block measures about 6 7/8” instead of 6 1/2”.
Well…. I had had enough of that one, so maybe I’ll redo it later in the peace, or do very large SA when I stitch it in. No that wouldn’t do at all, so I guess I’ll be redoing!!
I think I need to starch these little beauties as my photos make them look abit off. My seams are all perfect, so I think that’s the way to go. Some peoples little blocks look so perfectly neat.
Many thanks to Linda, Jenny, Julie x2 and Quilts & Pieces (sorry I don’t know your name) for all the nice comments you made to my last blog. Linda I’ll certainly try and remove the Quilts feet. Did you notice the quilts hands! haha
Thanks for dropping by