Thursday, April 18, 2019

AQC- Melbourne Australia 2019

As I write this I am still in Melbourne, having attended the AQC show. I have had a great time and a lot of walking, although our hotel was fairly close to the event.

An absolutely beautiful old building called the Royal Exhibition Building set in Carlton Gardens. 

Edit: I am home now, as it was too hard including my photos from the hotel. 


Click on the photos to see the intricate work, especially the thread work quilts.










Beautiful old building








Here are some photos of the quilts that caught my eye.





























 You need to read the words on the card below. This was amazing. I did what she suggested and took another photo using my flash...and this was the result!
























 If you want to see more of the Best of Australia Quilts go to

http://aqc.com.au/best-of-australia-quilts-3/


More photos next time.

Thanks for dropping by



https://susannasquilts.blogspot.com





































8 comments:

Kyle said...

Thanks for sharing these amazing quilts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always so nice to view quilts from a show without being there! I love the first quilt you show the melons - I made one probably 8 years ago now all by hand - queen size - I added little circles at the center of the joining of the melons as no matter how hard I tried I couldn't line up well - the person that did that quilt sure did a good job on it.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Wow Sue! What a great collection of quilts. When I went last year I was so busy attending classes and browsing the stalls, I possibly didn’t devote enough time to studying the quilts. So much work has gone into each and every one of these. It looks like you had a great time.

Rebecca in AK said...

Thank you for sharing these these wonderful quilts! I can’t pick a favorite they are all so amazing.

Luv 2 Sew Things said...

We had a great time at AQC, Thank you for the lovely memories 💕

Raewyn said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time Sue - wow, so many amazing quilts (and I bet these were just some of the many amazing ones!) The Wish quilt is intriguing! And what a beautiful old building too. (I spent the sme weekend in Australia but travelling into the outback!)

Chris said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! I was at the show in 2015 and forgot to take my camera out to take any pictures.

Anonymous said...

It’s a wonderful building - thanks for sharing pics of some of the amazing quilts. I loved my time at the show last year (and the day visiting Jen Kingwell’s Amitie Quits). Jane