Sunday, May 1, 2011

Home from Symposium

We had a great time at the National Symposium held in Queenstown NZ this past week. I haven’t done any sewing since I came home, as there’s always a payoff for being away from home and the office.

Four of us flew down to Queenstown 2 days before Symposium, hired a rental car, and drove to Arrowtown & Wanaka,and stayed a couple of days. Took some lovely photos.

The colours down there are amazingIMG_2059  IMG_2060 This was the only bit of snow we saw, and it only lasted a day or two then melted away.IMG_2063 The water is so blue, but freezing cold and the grass so green. These photos are not enhanced. That is how the colours are.

IMG_2038 The day here was overcast but the scenery just as beautiful.

 IMG_0956

IMG_0946 IMG_0949 IMG_1001 After a little retail therapy!!P1020361IMG_2052IMG_2043    Couldn’t resist taking a photo of this sign in a shop window.SueAfter a couple of days sightseeing, shopping, wining and dining, we set sail south to Queenstown and Symposium.

IMG_2126

Have just had a lovely weekend of children & grandchildren for lunch and to stay over. It always makes my heart sing to have them here. I don’t see enough of them, so I treasure any times with them.

Thanks for dropping by

best signature

1 comment:

Merilyn said...

Oh Sue! what fabulous photographs!!! I haven't been to Queenstown since I was a child, and I know the area around Wanaka! The colours of Autumn are simply breathtaking, magnificant!!! I hope you took lots of other photos of the Symposium to share LOL!
Glad you had a good time!