Thursday, April 10, 2008


My son in Brisbane Australia was getting married in January this year, so I asked him if he would like a quilt as a wedding gift. He said he was sure his new wife to be would love it, so I found a box full of Jewel Block blocks, which I had started in 1998, and thought I may as well use them and that would get the quilt finished quicker. I was thinking Queen size i.e. about 85" square. I was sewing merrily away, when he rang one night to say, oh by the way Mum we are getting a new bed. A large king size slat bed. That meant the quilt had to finish about 105" square! Boo Hoo! After slogging away I managed to get it finished in time, although I did send it away to be quilted.


http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Mom said...

This is beautiful. I think I need to learn how to quilt.

Peaches said...

Lol. That's AMAZING!!! you quilt really well... Though what exactly is quilting? gonna read more of your blog. :D

Phyl said...

wow....amazingly beautiful.

HUGS>>>

Helen in the UK said...

Lovely quilt - I do like the jewel box pattern. There's one in my future I think! 105" square is enormous, no wonder you sent it out for quilting :)

Ginger Patches said...

Oh gorgeous quilt! What a lucky daughter-in-law! And son too of course :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Susanna love your quilts and your blog, great work.

cheers
Christine Brisbane/Australia

Candace said...

I can't even imagine making a quilt that big, and it is very beautiful. Your son already knows how great you are, and I'm sure that your daughter-in-law is thinking so, too.
Candace

Cornfield Quilter said...

Waht a gorgeous quilt! It is one of my favorite patterns. Thanks for the eye candy!

Laura said...

Gorgeous! Lucky son and daughter in law.