Friday, April 4, 2008

Hi there every-one
I thought it was about time I stopped fluffing around and got this blog organised. I am really new to this so please bare with me.
During a very stressful time in my life when my Mother was very ill, I found quite by accident Bonnies site Quiltville. It was between visits to my mother, and it was just the thing I needed to take me to that space, that only quilters would understand. My mother subsequently passed away in January this year, so my CC mystery quilt will always be a reminder to me of the last happy but sad days spent with my Mother.
I haven't quite finished the quilt, as I am sashing it, and wouldn't you know, I unwittingly picked the hardest fabric to sash with. I am really happy, that this entire quilt was made from my stash including the plaid I decided to use as sashing. I had about 3 metres of this cotton fabric, as I was going to make my husband a western shirt from it initially, but of course I have had to very carefully cut and sew it so that it doesn't look too much like a dogs breakfast! LOL!.
I will post a photo of it when I have finished it. - Or maybe when the top is finished. You might get sick of waiting until I have quilted it.
I am going to handquilt this quilt, as I think it would look much better, as I hand quilt better than I machine Quilt. Way better in fact. I need more practise with the Machine Quilting.VBG!


Well as I do this the lawns are growing, must away and get on my trusty ride-on mower - vistors coming makes one tidy up. Blow I wanted to quilt this afternoon.

No comments: