Monday, February 17, 2020

Retreat at Vaughan Park February 2020

 Every year a group of us get together, usually in June/July at this fabulous retreat centre. This year we decided to give February a try also, but it was so hot, and not as many could make it , so we'll stick with July at this stage.

This is a convention centre, not just for quilters, so no quilts on the beds. 😉 We often share the centre with other people, but have our own rooms and space for sewing.
All meals are prepared for us, and bedding and towels all provided.

It is indeed a place to relax, and do what you want. Even go for a swim. The beach is about 100 metres away. (guess! )


 View towards my bedroom from deck.

 View from the sewing room.


Long Bay on the East Coast of Auckland.



 I was standing on the deck outside my bedroom looking towards the sewing room.


 We usually have approx. 18 - 20 people attend, but this time only 9, so plenty of space to spread out!



Some of the work the girls were working on in between eating!
















 I managed to sew the 12 blocks above, now to sash, and get ready for the long arm quilter.

Thanks for dropping by




http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Luv 2 Sew Things said...

Nine very productive ladies! Wow.
Lovely venue and outlook. How nice to have two opportunities to stay there this year 🙂

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet you had fun and was the water nice? I will be ready for the weather to warm up a bit here

Clare Ellison said...

Looks like a revival of the old Otimai days. Hope you had lots of fun :-)

Diana Bennett said...

I am looking forward to seeing the added sashing to your quilt, as it will be quite different. Great work Sue.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sounds like you had a fun time and you accomplished those blocks too! The sunshine looked wonderful and so does green grass. Happy stitching!

Sue said...

Thanks Clare. Yes I was only talking about Otimai the other day. They were such fun times.
You are a no replyer on blogger, so I had to thank you this way, as I dont have your email address. :-)

Andrea Charles said...

Thank you Sue, for delivering to us such a great idea of spending some quality and productive time for oneself including relaxation as a package deal. I have heard of this convention center in Auckland but have never been to any such activity filled retreats. I would love to join this coming year and do some quilting myself. The ones you have posted are so beautiful and creative.

Mayura said...

Hey Sue, I trust you had a good time at the retreat center. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. The quilt designing and the work look so elegant and attractive.