Sunday, November 3, 2013

So exciting!

I  had a phone call on Thursday evening to tell me I had won 1st place in the Large Bed category at the Auckland Festival of Quilts Show.

What a fabulous surprise it was, as the standard of quilt making in the Auckland Quilt Guild is very high. My quilt was beautifully machine quilted by a good friend Judi who has a long arm machine.

Along with the usual categories in a show the AQG has  a category of one or more makers  which doesn’t receive a Blue ribbon, but an aqua coloured ribbon. That ribbon doesn’t count in the achievements of Blue Ribbons.

I haven’t had a quilt win a ribbon since 2006 so I was over the moon as you can tell!!

FIFTY SHADES OF CREAM!

P1020142

P1020126

 

P1020143

P1020144

Thanks for dropping by

1508403875144323021113

13 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful quilt, congratulations!!

Annette said...

Congratulations!!! Love the simplicity of creams...you must be very proud.

Monica said...

Very cool! Congratulations!

Sheila said...

Very warm congratulates Sue, such a thrill for you. I love the "low volume" scheme of your quilt and the loose feathers are just fabulous

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Well done you...it's a fantastic quilt. What a good show it was too.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Beautiful quilt...well done

Raewyn said...

Congratultions!!! I saw this quilt and thought it well deserving of it's win. Well done :-)

Karen said...

Well done. It's a beautiful quilt.

Merilyn said...

Congratulations Sue, on getting a Ribbon for your quilt!!!! Any Ribbon is a good Ribbon in my book LOL!!!! It's a beautiful quilt, you deserve to be well chuffed!!!!!!

Lori said...

A hearty congratulations! It is a beautiful quilt and worthy of a top ribbon!!!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, I love the colours.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my, Sue! This is such wonderful news for you! I'm more than happy for you. It sure looks like you deserve this win. I do love the quilt, and the name is perfect for it. Really, it's such a simple design, yet so effective in all those neutrals. Just lovely. Congratulations!