Thursday, September 5, 2013

Remade

A post or two back you will have seen where I had made 72 nine patch blocks - all the WRONG size for my quilt. After much anguish and lamenting, I realised I had to bite the bullet and make 72 new ones.

 I couldn't just cut the originals down to size as it meant the centre row in the 9 patch would have been a different size to the others. 
I then looked at my quilt and realised that the last 2 'rounds' of my medallion weren't fitting as per the instructions. After checking the emails against what I had printed I realised my printer had printed the measurement wrong and where I had read/cut 1 3/4" for my plain borders they should have been cut
1 1/2".

So, after undoing my quilt back to the last 3 rounds, and resewing them, I now have it pretty right!!

Please excuse the photo but it is getting very hard to find a space large enough to fit the quilt in for a photo.
Now for the last couple of borders.
Thanks for dropping by



http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

that is so so very pretty....nice job...wonderful color choices...

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your quilt. The pattern, colours, everything.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this quilt - this gives me great ideas for one of my own to use up scraps!! sorry you messed up but maybe you can use the 72 for something else? the quilt is lovely but it is always frustration beyond believe when we make mistakes.

Frances Leate said...

Fabulous quilt Sue and just my style as I really love medallions. Take care.

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh Sue! This is beautiful! The scrappiness of it, against the plain background, makes it sparkle. Hmmm, that just might be the perfect name for this quilt - Sparkle! It's simply stunning! Gosh, you could even stop right here and it would be perfect.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. Is there a pattern available? I just love your colors.

Jane in Texas
jane_martyn@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful quilt. Is there a pattern available? I just love your colors.

Jane in Texas
jane_martyn@hotmail.com

Miriam said...

Beautiful!!

Love your bright colours!

cityquilter grace said...

is there a formal pattern for this or did you make it up yourself...oh how i love a scrappy....this one is no exception...oops, my 2nd comment but just can't get enough!