Friday, June 29, 2012

More Nearly Insane blocks....

I manged to finish another couple of Nearly Insane blocks and # 43 nearly did drive me insane. I think it took me the longest I have ever taken to make a block, mainly because I didn't follow the numbers on the pattern. I thought I knew better, and when I realised what a shambles I was in, it was too late to start over. Plus I was running our of the red fabric. It is not one of my best efforts, but I think I can fudge it in!

 My second block was alot better, but its amazing how out of practise you can get when you haven't done any Foundation Piecing for a while. It took me quite awhile to get back into the swing of it.
Thanks for dropping by


http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Sue your Nearly Insane blocks are terrific. What method/ paper are you using? I am doing this one as well, very slowly in between other slow projects. I find they give my brain a good workout

Merilyn said...

Good on you for attempting that star one!! So many small pieces, well done, once it's in the quilt and quilted no-one will notice any slight glitches LOL!!!

Pip said...

Lovely blocks Sue, makes me feel a little bit guilty as I have only the two blocks made. Sheila is ahead of me, with about six or so blocks made. It does take a while to get used to doing foundation piecing when you haven't done any for a while.

Tazzie said...

Both very tough blocks Sue, but you've made them look lovely. My block 43 didn't work out perfectly either, but in the big scheme of things, you just don't notice it.
Be sure to have a great weekend
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Frances Leate said...

Great looking blocks Sue and they certainly look challenging. I am not a great fan of foundation piecing so I sympathise. The NI blocks make the FW ones look a doddle. Take care.

Julie said...

WOW what spectacular blocks, they look so very complicated, and you've done such a fantastic job with them too!

FlourishingPalms said...

Whoa. That does look like an insanely difficult block! I can imagine how many times you wondered if the fabric was turned the right way on the paper. It looks really nice. Don't you love FPP... once you get into the swing of it again?