Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy, Busy….

I seem to be doing a bit of everything at the moment, but don’t have much to show for it yet.
Last Friday night our little Quilt group held a Midnight Madness, for those who wanted to sew their own projects, and those who wanted to make cushions. As a community project Village Green Quilters (VGQ) sew 15” cushions, and then gift them to the Heart Patients at Auckland Hospital.
These cushions are used as a buffer against the chest wound, in the Patients recovery program. They need them when they are in the car, so get to take them home.

 P1000365  

Its such a fun thing to do – going through all the scraps, so on Sunday afternoon I managed to make these cushion tops. I just have to put the backs on them.

 P1000368  

 The hardest part for me is making something suitable for a man, as I noticed how much floral fabric I had in my scrap basket.
I also took a photo of our raffle quilt that was beautifully made by Carol one of our members,  with donations of fabrics from the rest of the group.

P1000355

We are holding our biennial show in July, so will post some Show & Tell then.smile

Thanks for dropping bye- see you soon!

My signature
-

3 comments:

Pip said...

Until you have to make something for a man, you never realise how much of your fabric is floral (or feminine colours), looks as though you managed to find something suitable though, they're sure to be appreciated.

Merilyn said...

Some great sewing there Sue, and for such a great cause, I'm sure these cushions will be appreciated by the patients. The raffle quilt is lovely too!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

What a great charity effort, making cushions for post-surgery heart patients. Your cushion tops look great, but I know what you mean about having feminine prints in one's stash. I have the same problem. That raffle quilt is so pretty. Carol spent a lot of time making it. Hand applique, I presume? Gorgeous.