Saturday, November 19, 2011

Umm! where to start

After 5 x 12hour days – 2 spent helping set up the Show and the other 3 attending and packing down, I feel I could sleep for a week, but life won’t let me! The annual quilt show – Calico Christmas 2011 was a great success once again. I have managed to take photos of a few of the 269 quilts we had on display.
I have a lot of catching up to do quilt wise. My 2 or 3 on-line projects, the wedding quilt which should have been finished 3 months ago, and the 2 x 16th birthday Grandies quilts that are needed for 2012.
Firstly though I need to catch up on some sleep, so I can tackle the wonderful weekend retreat that I am off to this coming weekend. I feel its just what the doctor ordered.    smile

7 days later……….Back to some sort of normality now, although at the moment we have family staying from Albany WA.  I haven’t done any sewing apart from my weekend away, so soon I’ll be having withdrawal symptoms.
Here are some photos of the show that caught my eye. Unfortunately I don’t have names for all the quiltmakers.


Best of Show – made by Colleen Burr

IMG_2728

All Doilied Up made by Jocelyn AtkinsonIMG_2704 IMG_2700
Both the quilt above – Blue Rose and the quilt below  - Surfers Paradise were made by Ansa Breytenbach
IMG_2706
IMG_2690
IMG_2695

This quilt ‘Lost Worlds’ was made by Ansa Breytenbach IMG_2705 IMG_2698











Below ‘Kitchen Blues’ was made by Chris Behersing
IMG_2713 IMG_2731 IMG_2732  IMG_2711 IMG_2718


Below – ‘A Wedding Ring at Last’ made by Donna Cumming
IMG_2725
IMG_2721

IMG_2707 
Above - Indian Rhapsody made by Hazel Foot - (President of the Auckland Patchworkers and Quilters Guild)



 IMG_2693 IMG_2696 IMG_2708IMG_2710IMG_2726 IMG_2688
This quilt was made by the members of the APQG as a raffle quilt. I have had to crop the photo as there was a chair in front of the quilt, but the quilt was a queen size. We sold out of the raffle tickets early Sunday morning.

Thanks for dropping by

Sue

3 comments:

Merilyn said...

Some lovely work there Sue!! I see that applique is very popular!! Sounds as if you have been a very busy girl, hope you get some down time soon!!

Frances Leate said...

Some lovely quilts and well done for helping to organise such a wonderful display. Great to see you back Sue.

Pip said...

The quilts at your show seem quite different to the ones at the show held recently in Adelaide. Applique is certainly popular, I really like the ones of the man's eyes, they seem familiar, Sir Ed Hillary maybe.