Monday, February 6, 2017

Kelly's Quilt

 I had been collecting grey and teal/aqua fabrics for some time with an idea to make a quilt for my daughter in law Kelly. Aqua is her most favorite color and when I found a simple but effective pattern I decided it would be perfect.


It was quite fun making this quilt. I quilted it on my trusty Bernina 710.

10"squares with a random cut vertically, then horizontally.

Initially I intended making this for their caravan, but I think Kelly decided it was too good for that, and it went straight on their bed.


Sorry the colors dont show up the best, but I hope you get an overall idea of the quilt looks like. The squares and strips that look black, are in fact a dark grey.

Thanks for dropping by



http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks lovely! the colors are great. I see on the sidebar that you did a Mrs. Billings? I have that one on my list -- one day!

Raewyn said...

It looks great Sue! It's a lovely colour combination - and you must be thrilled to know how appreciated it is!

Marlene said...

Love this quilt and the colours Sue. How wonderful to have it loved so much.

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Love it 😍 The colours look fabulous 😊

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love these colours!

Leeanne said...

Love it! Yes too good for a caravan..........but it would have made the caravan look awesome!

Gretchen Weaver said...

What a fun quilt, love the color combination. villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Kyle said...

A beautiful simply modern quilt. I'm so glad your daughter in law loves it.

Frances Leate said...

Gorgeous quilt and just love the colours. Take care

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the quilt and aqua is my favourite colour, I like that you have added grey into the mix.

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great quilt. I love the movement all the wonky lines give it. I can well imagine your DIL loves it.

Pip said...

Another beautiful quilt Sue, love the zing that the bit of citrus colour gives it.