Thursday, September 8, 2016

How time Flies

I have been quite busy with my quilt making, but had nothing much to show for it.  Now I have. 
I made this bag using fabric I bought in Japan, for my sisters birthday in August. 

It was a free pattern called Phoebe designed by Beki Lambert available on Craftsy.






 I made these two little bags for quilty friends who both had their 70th birthdays in August. It is a free pattern here 
 









 I also finished this quilt for one of our grand-daughters 16th birthday in August. Its a Sarah Feilke pattern from her book  Material Obsession

 I had to hang it sideways on the clothes line so it wouldn't drape on the ground. 



Its really hard to get a good photo with a large quilt unless its hanging.The colours are not good in this photo.





 This is the back of the quilt. I quilted cross hatching and a large stipple. I used King Tut variegated thread # 936. 
 


Also I have finished piecing a nine patch scrappy quilt for another grand-daughters wedding in Australia. Its not a super pretty quilt, but a practical quilt, given she has 4 children already. It won't be a problem if they are jumping all over it.
Its now at the Long Arm Quilter
 


After I finished piecing it, I had to lay it on the spare bed upside down, as it left threads everywhere!

Thanks for dropping by


http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love all your bags--the fabric on the Phoebe bag is gorgeous! Your scrappy quilt is perfect for a busy family and I'm sure it will be used and loved!