Saturday, November 21, 2015

Home again

after a wonderful Quilters Companion/Travelrite Quilting tour of Canada, USA and Japan. In all 5 weeks away. I have a multitude of photos, and I’m not sure how long its going to take me to sort them all out, so I’ll post photos as and when I can.

Our two tour leaders for the Canada and USA trip Michelle Maher and Michelle Marvig were excellent and on the Japan leg of the journey Michelle Marvig together with Kazuo Yanagawa our Japanese guide were absolutely excellent! Taking us to as many patchwork shops that our wallets would allow. :-)

After a 6 hour flight from Osaka to Singapore, a 3 hour layover then another nearly 10 hour flight to Auckland, I arrived home. Surprisingly I don’t seem to be suffering from jetlag, although after getting to bed at 2am I slept until nearly 12 noon!

I had a very happy event happen while I was away –
My quilt ‘ My Nearly Insane Journey’ won 1st place in the Traditional Bed Quilt made by more than one person. I had this quilt machine quilted by Judi Schon.  The show was the Auckland Festival of Quilts.







 
Thanks for dropping by


 http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com






7 comments:

Leeanne said...

welcome home! Sounds like a magical trip. Congratulations on your quilt, it is a beauty!

Frances Leate said...

Welcome back Sue and I have been following your wonderful travels on FB. Congratulations on winning a ribbon for first prize and it is truly an amazing quilt. Take care.

Pip said...

I've been following your travels on Facebook, but it seems as if it was a 3 month trip not 5 weeks :) The time you spent on making your Nearly Insane has been well worth it, congratulations on your blue ribbon.

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Congratulations a well deserved win ! Sounds like you had a great trip :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations!Sounds as if you had a wonderful trip away and pleased that you had soon take a full photo of your quilt - I missed Festival due to illness.

Tazzie said...

Congratulations Sue, what an amazing achievement!
Hugs
Tazzie
:-)

Karen H said...

Hi Sue! I am so far behind in my reading. What a wonderful surprise for you that your quilt won a ribbon. It is a stunner for sure and the ribbon is very well deserved! Congratulations!!!