Thursday, June 11, 2015

Doll Quilt Swap Revealed


I received my fabulous Doll Quilt from Sharon Tucker. Thank you so much Sharon. I love it, together with the YLI thread, pkt needles and a swatch of repro fabric with grasshoppers playing pool.
Its beautifully quilted – some hand and some machine.








I am also working on finishing a few UFO’s. This is a quilt I started about 6 years ago. The block measures 8”finished.

I am piecing them into 16”squares as I find it a little less daunting to have to make 36 of these rather than 144 x 8”blocks. 




Dumb I know but thats how my brain works.
It will be a very random scrappy quilt, but I am only using blues and browns/tans, plus whatever creamy/white backgrounds I have. I am NOT buying any fabric for this. I have laid out 2 of the 16 “ blocks. (unpressed)

I'm still having problems writing in Windows Live Writer. Something has happened to Google ( to me and alot of other people) so I am writing this directly to blogger. 
Thanks for dropping by

Sue

http://www.susannasquilts.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Gosh 36 sounds so much better than 144 no wonder your brain opted for that one!
I need to follow your example and get things finished ! :)

Quilting Stories said...

Very sweet doll quit. Good luck on finishing your UFO!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Pretty doll quilt. I like the blue and brown quilt. And I piece like that too. Makes piecing not so overwhelming for some reason.

marian said...

What a delightful little quilt!I really like the quilt you're working on.. i love blue / brown combo :)) cheers... Marian

Frances Meredith said...

Sharon did a great job in the swap for you. I love the little HST's.

Karen said...

The scrappy zig zag design makes an interesting doll quilt design.