Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Along with my Nearly Insane…

Quilt I have been hand piecing a Trip Around the World. A quiltalong organised by Brigitte Giblin. I have really enjoyed this, and still have a few rows to complete before I call it a day! 2015-03-11 16.57.46

Also I have been hand piecing a hexagon quilt. This has been a very long winded project – at least 10 years in the making, but Its one of the UFO’s I’m determined to finish this year if I can!

2015-03-11 17.00.45

I had been randomly stitching these hexies together, then saw a picture of an Antique Quilt and decided I liked the layout better, so started piecing the centre as in this photo.

2015-03-11 16.58.50

Now I have to try and fit all the strips around the centre somehow. I may have to unstitch some and move them, but that’s OK!

Thanks for dropping by, I can’t believe 2 posts in 2 days. Wonders will never cease!

My signature 3DB53C2AE8E4EAFAC737E65CFF71863F

7 comments:

Leeanne said...

You sure like you reproduction fabrics! Looking very good indeed.

Sheila said...

what fabulous progress on your handpiecing. I too love the hexie centre.. makes me want to start another project... One could cut hexies from each piece of fabric that is pulled , and then tuck them away for the future....No, No i mustn't :-)

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Your hexagon quilt has grown ! A great way to document your fabric stash and add a few from your friends.It will be a treasure when it is finished.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wonderful quilts and it is nice to see you blogging again - I just finished my hexie quilt the other day

Pip said...

Loving your trip around the world quilt, you are a bit ahead of me, somedays it is slow and other days I get a lot done on it. Great progress on the hexie, I'm sure you will have it finished before too long.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I love your second hexagon setting--very striking!

Raewyn said...

Two lovely projects- and lots of hand work going on. I like the new setting off your hexies, too but a shame about having to do some unstitching!