Monday, July 14, 2014

I tell a Fib….

I said I wasn’t going to get side tracked by any other project whilst making Mrs Billings, but when I went to Brisbane in June, I had the perfect excuse to start hand piecing a quilt top in a challenge put out by Brigitte Giblin. Sorry, its closed now but here a a couple of photos from my progress.

The challenge is to make from ones stash ( of course)

 

2014-07-05 11.19.46

The centre HAD to be a red spot fabric and this was to be repeated at row 13 or 14. I am a little slow with mine as I’m juggling hand piecing with hand quilting at night.

 

2014-07-10 09.49.17 (2)

I have changed direction a little with my fabrics, as I realised after row 4 I wanted it to look more old fashioned and not so modern.

The hardest part is trying to work out what fabric to use in the next round. I have also been using Inkling to mark the backs of every second row, so I have an accurate stitching line.

There are about 100 people doing this Hand Piecing Challenge, and we had one person allocated to us to send a fat quarter to, and this is to be added to our quilt somewhere. Haven’t been told yet! Such fun, and we have a facebook page where we post our photos and see what everyone else is doing.

Now…back to Mrs Billings. :-)

Thanks for dropping by

1508403875144323021113

5 comments:

Leeanne said...

There is always some temptation! looks fun.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I get sidetracked all the time!! I wasn't going to be sidetracked for Love Entwined and haven't touched in months!

Sew Quilt Designs said...

I like that quilt. I've admired that trip around the world for a long time....good to get side tracked..it keeps you focused! :)

FlourishingPalms said...

What a great project, Sue! I really like what you're doing, colorwise, and - of course - think these are the PERFECT colors. Neat that someone organized all this for hand-piecing (I think LOTS of quilters have never hand-pieced) and has set up a fat quarter exchange too. I'm not on Facebook, and don't want to be, so you'll have to continue to share updates here. Have fun! I know your busy hands are keeping you out of trouble!

Jeanette said...

Looking good Sue. Hugs,xx