Sunday, March 30, 2014

Now For The Last…

border. This will be another time consuming border, when I have to applique all my hexies down.
I have just finished piecing borders 13 & 14. I think the pressing of all the seams was the hardest part, and I started doing it so carefully I thought it would take me two days to do it, so I thought …,what the hell… just go for it, which I don’t usually do.

2014-03-30 15.12.31
Hopefully I’ll be able to handquilt it around all those seams!

2014-03-30 15.13.19 2014-03-30 16.27.50 

Thanks for keeping up with my progress. I still have about 10 large hexagons and about 20 small one to make, so better get with it!
Thanks for dropping by
1508403875144323021113

11 comments:

Raewyn said...

Wow!!! Keep up the great work :-)

Tazzie said...

It's looking fabulous Sue, you must be thrilled!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Miriam said...

Looks wonderful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have watched numerous people make this quilt and the work involved is amazing. It looks so pretty and glad to hear you will hand quilt it.

Frances Leate said...

It just keeps looking better - a wonderful quilt. Take care.

Julie said...

Wow - this is looking amzing. Such an undertaking to see through. Well done you:)

Pip said...

Looking good Sue, I don't even want to think about all the pressing of seams you have done on this quilt :)

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Love that quilt :)

Paula said...

Wow it really looks wonderful. Well done.

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Looking good !!!

Leeanne said...

Hey wonderful to find another kiwi quilter who blogs! Your quilt is looking amazing, a big job, but I bet yo will be thrilled when you have finsihed.